Gaskets are typically used to seal spaces between two objects (joints) to prevent leakage by providing sealing properties when the objects are compressed. They are placed in space where surfaces of objects meet as these objects cannot form a tight seal on their own. Gaskets can be both air-tight and water-tight. They protect the object from being exposed to dust, moisture, or dirt by keeping them out while provide seal for inside fluids, solids, or air.
Exactsilicone specializes in making Gaskets in all shapes and sizes per our customers requirements so that they are able to match the surface they need to join. Gaskets are designed for preventing leakages even in high pressure and extreme temperatures. For instance, gaskets are used in most watches to keep foreign objects away from operating mechanisms. Gaskets are also used in engines of vehicles so as to ensure that all parts are sealed properly and that levels of fluids are maintained. All type of complex electrical, mechanical and thermal systems leverage gasses ubiquitously to ensure smooth and reliable operations as gaskets help ensure that air, water, and dirt do not enter areas which can disrupt performance of overall system where gaskets are being applied.
Exactsilicone specializes in manufacturing and fabrication of silicone rubber gaskets for various industries like, Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Automotive, Refineries, Distilleries, Pharmaceutical, and Medical industries and other consumer products based industries. We are also providing various in-hose fabrication services including, die cutting, laser cutting, waterjet cutting, and rubber to metal bonding, etc. We produce customized cut and bonded silicone rubber gaskets of various sizes, shapes, and dimensions to our customers’ requirements.
Features of Silicone Rubber Gaskets
- Silicone rubber gaskets have high resilience as they can maintain all properties at very high and low temperatures.
- Silicone rubber gaskets remains flexible at temperatures between -100º C to 230º C.
- Silicone gaskets are UV and Ozone resistant. Thus, these gaskets can be used for outdoor and field applications like wind turbines, satellite systems, space rockets, automotive components with extended exposure to sun.
- Being an inert material, silicone gaskets do not react with chemicals. Thus, it can be used in various medical and industrial applications.
- Silicone gaskets do not produce any odor as well it is tasteless. Thus, these rubber gaskets are prominently used in surgical and food processing industries.
- Silicone Rubber is a gasket material which can be used as silicone sponge, silicone foam, and silicone sheet.
Applicability of Silicone Rubber Gaskets
Silicone gaskets are used for various industrial and commercial purposes like:
- These rubber gaskets are used in electrical industry as insulators on electrical housings.
- Silicone rubber gaskets are used in aerospace industry as seals to prevent leakages on space vessels, airplanes, satellites etc.
- Silicone gaskets are used in consumer electronics like cellphones, computers, printers, calculators, smart watches to protect against dust, fluids, spills etc and to make them water proof to IP67.
- Silicone rubber gaskets are used in surgical tools and food processing industries wherever applications require high biocompatibility.
Exactsilicone believes in achieving customer satisfaction. Thus, our silicone gasket materials are certified and complied with various International agencies after meeting International standards like:
- U.S. Pharmacopoeia Class VI (USP Class VI)
- FDA Grade
- 3A Sanitary Standards
- NSF STD 51 Approved
- UL 94
- Fire Retardant
- Animal Derived Ingredient Free
- A-A59588 (Previously ZZR-765E)
- AMS, ASTM D2000, Military/Industrial, and Commercial specification